(Groom) and (Bride)have invited us here today to share in the celebration of their marriage – their wedding. We come together not to mark the start of a relationship, but to recognize a bond that already exists.
This marriage is one expression of the many varieties of love. Love is one, though its expressions are infinite. It is fitting to speak briefly about love. We live in a world of joy and fear and search for meaning and strength in seeming disorder. We discover the truest guidelines to our quest when we realize love in all its magnitudes. Love is the eternal force of life. Love is the force that allows us to face fear and uncertainty with courage.
If you would have the foundation of your union be the love you have for each other, not just at this moment, but for all the days ahead, then cherish the hopes and dreams that you bring here today.
Resolve that your love will never be blotted out by the commonplace nor obscured by the ordinary in life. Devotion, joy, and love can grown only if you nurture them together. Stand fast in that hope and confidence, believing in your shared future just as strongly as you believe in yourselves and in each other today. In this spirit, you can create a partnership that will strengthen and sustain you all the days of your lives.
Question of Intent
(Bride) will you have this man to be your husband, to live together in the covenant of marriage? Will you love him, comfort him, honor and keep him, in sickness and in health, and forsaking all others, be faithful to him as long as you both shall live?
(Groom), will you have this woman to be your wife, to live together in the covenant of marriage? Will you love her, comfort her, honor and keep her, in sickness and in health, and forsaking all others, be faithful to her as long as you both shall live?
Will all of you witnessing these promises do all in your power to uphold these two persons in their marriage?
(Groom), please repeat after me:
I , (Groom), take you (Bride)to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish till death do us part.
(Bride) please repeat after me:
I , (Bride) take you (Groom) to be my husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish till death do us part.
This is a moment of celebration. Let it also be a moment of dedication. The world does a good job of reminding us of how fragile we are. Individuals are fragile; relationships are fragile, too. Every marriage needs the love, nurture, and support of a network of friends and family.
On this wedding day, I ask you not only to be friends of (Groom) or (Bride) but friends of (Groom) and (Bride)together, friends of the relationship. May the love you have found grow in meaning and strength until its beauty is shown in a common devotion to all that is compassionate and life-giving. May the flow of your love help brighten the fate of the earth. May the source of all love touch and bless us and grace our lives with color and courage.
From the earliest times, the circle has been a symbol of completeness, a symbol of committed love. An unbroken and never ending circle symbolizes a commitment of love that is also never ending. As often as either of you looks at this symbol, I hope that you will be reminded of the commitment to love each other, which you have made today.
Will each of you repeat after me?
I, (Groom), give to you (Bride) this ring, as a symbol of my commitment to love, honor, and respect you. With this ring, I thee wed.
I, (Bride) give to you (Groom), this ring, as a symbol of my commitment to love, honor, and respect you. With this ring, I thee wed.
Before this gathering, (Groom) and (Bride)have promised each other their love and have given each other rings to wear as a sign of their deep commitment. Therefore I declare that they are husband and wife. You may kiss the bride.
For the Vows part, it is not necessary to follow the traditional way. It can be funny . To make your guest or especially yourself enjoy in the wedding day. We are here showing a few example
Traditional Wedding Vows
For those couples who value tradition and are hosting a traditional wedding, these traditional wedding vows are perfect.
• I take you, (Name), to be my wife/husband and I promise before God and all who are present here to be your loving and faithful husband/wife, as long as our lives shall last. I will serve you with tenderness and respect, and encourage you to develop God’s gifts in you.
• I, (Name), take you, (Name), to be my wife/husband; and I promise before God and these witnesses to be your loving and faithful husband/wife; in plenty and in want; in joy and in sorrow; in sickness and in health; as long as we both shall live.
• Do you, (Name), take this woman/man, (Name), to be your wife/husband, according to God’s holy decree; do you promise to be to him/her a loving and loyal husband/wife, to cherish and keep her/him in sickness and in health; and, forsaking all others, to be faithful only to him/her as long as you both shall live?
Non-Traditional Wedding Vows
Having a non-traditional wedding? Want to express your love in a unique way? Try one of these non-traditional wedding vows.
• Because of you, I laugh, I smile, I dare to dream again.
I look forward with great joy to spending the rest of my
life with you, caring for you, nurturing you, being there for you in all life
has for us, and I vow to be true and faithful for as long
as we both shall live.
• (Name), I take you to be my wife/husband from this time onward,
to join with you and to share all that is to come, to be your faithful husband/wife,
to give and to receive, to speak and to listen, to inspire and to respond;
a commitment made in love, kept in faith, and eternally made new.
• I love you. You are my best friend.
Today I give myself to you in marriage.
I promise to encourage and inspire you, to laugh with you,
and to comfort you in times of sorrow and struggle.
I promise to love you in good times and in bad,
when life seems easy and when it seems hard,
when our love is simple, and when it is an effort.
I promise to cherish you, and to always hold you in highest regard
These things I give to you today, and all the days of our life.
• The sun smiles on us today, our wedding day, and how can it not, for
our love is stronger than forever and our hearts beat together as one.
I promise to be a true and faithful partner from this day forward, in
all life’s circumstances, as we face them together. In the joys and
sorrows, the good times and bad, in sickness or in health, I will always
be there for you, to comfort you, love you, honor and cherish you, now
Funny Wedding Vows
To add some entertainment to your ceremony and celebrate your unique relationship, you may want to choose funny wedding vows. (Hint: just try adding an extra promise or two that’s unique to your relationship.)
• “I promise to make your favorite fruit smoothies on Sundays.”
• As Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston promised each other, “I vow to split the difference on the thermostat.”
• Groom: I, (Name), choose you, (Name), to be my wife. In front of our friends and family gathered here I promise to love and cherish you throughout the good times and bad times. I promise to try to remember to put put my dirty clothes in the hamper and to replace the toilet paper roll when it’s empty. I promise to remember this day with love and roses. I will love you always.
Bride: I, (Name), choose you, (Name), to by my husband. In front of our friends and family, I promise to love and cherish you through every obstacle that may come into our path. I promise to learn how to check the oil in my car and how to roll up a garden hose. I will comfort you when your team loses and drink beer with you when they win. I will love you always.
Romantic Wedding Vows
Of course, if you’re a hopeless romantic, you may want elegant and romantic wedding vows.
• I (Name) affirm my love to you, (Name) as I invite you to share my life. You are the most beautiful, smart, and generous person I have ever known, and I promise always to respect you and love you. With kindness, unselfishness and trust, I will work by your side to create a wonderful life together. I take you (Name) to be my lawful (wife/husband), to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health for as long as we both shall live.
• (Name), from the moment I first saw you, I knew you were the one with whom I wanted to share my life. Your beauty, heart, and mind inspire me to be the best person I can be. I promise to love you for eternity, respecting you, honoring you, being faithful to you, and sharing my life with you. This is my solemn vow.
• (Name), today I take you for my (wife/husband). I promise to love you without reservation, comfort you in times of distress, encourage you to achieve all of your goals, laugh with you and cry with you, grow with you in mind, and spirit, always be open and honest with you, and cherish you for as long as we both shall live.
• (Name), today I take you to be my (husband/wife). Together we will create a home, becoming a part of one another. I vow to help create a life that we can cherish, inspiring your love for me and mine for you. I vow to be honest, caring and truthful, to love you as you are and not as I want you to be, and to grow old by your side as your love and best friend.
We have come together today to witness the marriage of (Groom) and (Bride).
True marriage is the uniting of two souls attuned to each other. it is fitting that an outer acknowledgement is made. We are here to bear witness to the entry into a closer relationship of husband and wife between these friends who are already one in spirit.
(Groom) and (Bride) you are now taking into your care and keeping the happiness of the one person in all the world you love best. You are adding to your lives and you are agreeing to share strength, responsibilities, and love.
At the end of this ceremony you will legally be husband and wife but you still must decide each and every day that stretches before you that you want to be married.
Make that decision and keep making it, for the most important thing in life is to love and be loved.
May you always need one another, not so much to fill the emptiness as to help each other know your fullness.
May you embrace one another, but not encircle each other.
May you succeed in all important ways with each other, and not fail in the little graces.
Look for things to praise, often say I love you, and take no notice of small faults.
May you have happiness and may you find it in making one another happy.
May you have love, and may you find it in loving one another.
(Groom), I ask you today, will you stand by (Bride), care for her, hold her in the highest regard and die with this love you have for her untarnished in your heart? Please answer “I Will”
(Bride) , I ask you today, will you stand by (Groom), care for him, hold him in the highest regard, and die with this love you have for him untarnished in your heart? Please answer “I Will”
EXCHANGE OF RINGS
As you exchange these rings, let them always remind you of your vow to love, be faithful and never give up on one another.(Groom) please place the ring on the third finger, left hand of (Bride) and repeat after me:
I give this ring as a sign of my love and faithfulness.
(Bride) , every time you look at the ring on your finger, let it remind you that on (Wedding Date) gave you the ring as a tangible symbol of spiritual commitment. Let it remind you that your love is endless and your commitment is forever.
(Bride), please place the ring on the third finger, left hand of (Groom) and repeat after me:
I give this ring as a sign of my love and faithfulness.
(Groom) , every time you look at the ring on your finger, let it remind you that on (Wedding Date) gave you this ring as a tangible symbol of spiritual commitment. Let it remind you that your love is endless and your commitment is forever.
For Christian Ceremony Script
We thank you for this day for bringing (Groom) and (Bride) together in this union. Bless them, Lord, bless their home, the joy and peace as they live together as husband and wife. Bless all those who enter their home and that they may experience your love. Father, guide them to continue to follow you and serve you. Guide them into greater love and sacrifice as they care for each other’s needs and knowing that you will care for them. May they be aware of your presence as they feel it today on their wedding day. And may their devotion in marriage be a radiant reflection of your love for them and their family. We pray all these in Jesus name, Amen.
Ladies and Genltmen, on behalf of (Groom) and (Bride), I welcome all of you . We are here today to encourage, celebrate and support the union of these two people. (Groom) and (Bride) are going to share their joy as they pledge their love and commitment to each other. We rejoice that God has led them to each other.
In Genesis 2:22 says, “The Lord God made a woman from the rib He had taken out of the man and he brought her to the man.” (groom), the woman who stands by your side is going to be your wife. She will look to you for unconditional love, support and comfort. You must always hold her very close to your heart.
In Genesis 2:18, The Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.” (Bride), the man who stands by your side is going to be your husband. He will look to you for unconditional love, support and comfort. You must be a true helpmate to him at all times, helping him with every burden of life.
Today is the day that the Lord had made, you shall rejoice and be glad in it as both of you are blessed with God’s greatest gifts – the gift of abiding love and devotion between a man and a woman. All present here today wish both of you all the joy, happiness and success and the world has to offer.
As you travel through life together, I want to remind you that true joy and peace is found within the love you hold in your hearts. I would ask that you hold the key to your heart very tightly.
God is Love. Love conquers all. Remember that It is love which brings you here today. It is love that will make this wonderful union and it is love which will make this union forever. Today you have found one another.
Blessing of the Rings
O Lord, bless these ring and that (Groom) and (Bride) shall wear it and be faithful to each other and live together in love till death do them apart. In Jesus name, Amen.
Heavenly Father, as we have come to the end of the ceremony, please surround (Groom) and (Bride) with your love and peace as they begin this new chapter of their lives. Keep them close to you always. Keep them ever faithful to each other and to you, just as you are faithful to those who love and serve you. Thank you, Jesus, we pray in Jesus precious name, Amen.